Wednesday, August 5, 2009

He Looks At You With Eyes Of Love

Some of my friends have been sharing "love notes" with me. They are looking "up" and looking "for" their own personal message from God. It is really exciting to hear what God is doing in their lives!

My latest love note came on a very, very cloudy cold day the week of July 4th. My husband and I and our two little boys were spending a few days at a campground. This is a really fun place to be and next to Disney, the boys find it their favorite spot to spend vacation time. Well, this particular week was unseasonably cool like most of the summer has been. It was in the 50s and we were in pants and sweatshirts.

We had been fishing and had gotten rained on. We had been to the dog park, to the mini golf and were marking off our list of to-dos in spite of the weather. One of our favorite things to do at the campground is paddle boat around the lake. We decided to take our chances and go out on the lake and pray that it didn't rain too hard for us to get back into shore. We paid for our 30 minute cruise and headed out on the lake. It was very relaxing to hear the water hit the boat and at the same time knowing our legs were getting a work-out. We were enjoying our time and just chatting. As we rounded the end of the lake, the sky had turned darker. Being a little fearful of lightning and getting stuck out on the water, we decided it was time to head back.

I still wanted to squeeze out any enjoyment we could get from our ride back, so I said to my little "sky watcher", "Why don't we look for heart-shaped clouds". I didn't get the words out of my mouth when he said, "Look, Mom there is one right behind us." And there was. It was a perfect heart in a little bit lighter shade of gray against the dark gray backdrop. I was so awed. We all giggled, because they thought it was a little silly for me to suggest finding clouds in one big blanket of dark sky anyway. Once again I experienced that moment of "speechless". I am always grateful that the Lord continues to bless us and to build my little guys' faith.

We watched it dissipate and turned to look toward the shore. Just as I did I noticed another cloud formation. It was a huge eye. You could make out the top lid, the bottom lid, the eyeball and the pupil. I got so excited! I said "Hey, guys, look at that huge EYE!" In a matter of seconds, where the pupil was located it began to take the shape of a heart! I am NOT kidding! It was incredible! We were all amazed! A huge eye with a heart in the middle of it.
I fumbled for my camera. I had it safely nestled in a ziplock bag in the center of the boat. Unfortunately, by the time I got my camera ready, the formation was already disappearing. As you might guess, I was pretty disappointed. My husband gave me these reassuring words. He said, "It's okay...I think the Lord just wants you to know that He looks at you with eyes of love". Awwww...see how my husband's heart is responding to God's intimacy. How can you resist such love?

I wish I had the right words to describe my feelings. I hope you will bear with me, because I sound like a broken record. I remain "speechless" in His presence...

No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared
for those who love him.
1 Cor. 2:8-10

No comments: