Thursday, February 17, 2011

This Is The Day That The Lord Has Made

Everyday I awaken to the reality that the Lord has made a new day for me to learn from him. He never ceases to amaze me. As I look into the face of my baby granddaughter, I truly see the face of God. How amazing and loving he is to create such a beautiful replicate of himself. We are made in his image, by his hand and for his purposes.

Recently, I was struck with how intimately he attends each of us. It's easy to believe that he is too busy for my pettiness. But, the truth is that he is so into every detail of our lives. Although that is a very comforting thought, his most intimate desire for us is to be close to him. He loves us so much and is a jealous God. He is jealous for you. He is jealous for me. He is jealous for your time. But, above all else, he is jealous for your heart, your devotion and your adoration. He wants to be praised and he wants to be loved. He is God!

As I look at the beautiful little face of my "Sweet Cheeks", as I call her, and her whole face lights up with joy and a big toothless grin, I instantly melt. I think of how God melts when we turn our face to his, look him directly in the eye and smile with affection. I can't get enough of her. Amazing is this love between grandma and baby. She is such a gift! How much more our heavenly father loves us.

How do we resist such love? How do we resist such affection? Why do we run to anything else that falls short of unconditional love and acceptance? Could it be that we are so in tune to another voice that shouts we are unworthy, that we don't need it, that we can handle life on our own terms? How wrong we are and how much we forfeit the only love that can truly satisfy our deepest longing.

Step into his presence now and surrender everything in your life to him. If you have given him your life; it is his anyway. He is so much better at running our lives than we are. Life is just better when he is the driver! Let him take the driver's seat and see where he takes you! The view is amazing and he will take you to higher levels of his grace, his mercy, his love and his acceptance than you have ever imagined.

As we run around trying to find out what our purpose in this life is, he stands waiting for you to realize that you were made to love him! The bible is the greatest love story ever told...the one who made you, loves you and he wants to fill you and make you whole with this love. Will you love him too?

1 comment:

Tara Brown said...

Amen Tammy! Thanks so much for sharing! It is definitely when we stop consistently seeking Him that we start looking at ourselves through our own or others lenses and how they or we veiw ourselves and not through His heavenly lenses. Thanks for the reminder!!! I know you wrote this a long time ago, but it was a blessing for me today!