Monday, May 4, 2009

Daddy!

Do you know that God is our "Daddy!" He's not a grandpa to anyone! Do you know him as Abba, Father? Daddy, God! We never outgrow our need for our Heavenly Father.

Twenty-two years ago, I called out to a God still questioning if he even existed. I had watched the movie, Jesus of Nazareth. At the end of the three night movie, I prayed and said, "God, I feel like you are wanting me to follow you. IF you are real, show me and teach me what it means to follow you!"

He did and I do!

If you have that same "feeling" that this God is seeking you, he is! If you have a desire to know him, but you don't understand ALL of it...it's okay. He promises to teach you as you follow him!

You can pray now:
Heavenly Father, I admit that I can't do life without you. I fall short and I accept that Jesus paid the price for all of my offenses toward you. I want to stop what I am doing and I want to start living a new way - your way. Teach me how to do that.

You need to know that God knows your heart. Maybe you have more to say and more to confess to him. Maybe you have lots of things to ask him about. He's big enough to handle it!

I am so excited for you! Life cannot be more exciting than to know that the God who made everything you see and gives you every breath is walking with you and he is FOR you!

Start getting to know Him by reading the bible. I started in the book of John in the New Testament. I really liked the words in red...they were Jesus' words. Find some Christian friends to do life with...seek a church where you can get connected! I did all of this on my own and God was faithful.

Was it scary...you bet! Was it worth it...absolutely! Are Christians perfect...absolutely NOT! They are just like you and have made a life-changing choice to do life WITH God.

Did I mention already how excited I am for you! Angels are singing in heaven over you and YOUR Daddy has his eye on you!!! He loves you perfectly!

If you have made this decision, would you please email me and tell me your story. I would love to hear how God is working in your life! poppen@mtco.com Bless you!

No comments: