Monday, May 4, 2009

Stop and Look at Me!

I have recently started reading a book by Tommy Tenney entitled The God Chasers. It is a great encouragement for those wanting "more" of God.

This morning, I read: Do you ever want to climb up on God's lap and take his face in your hands and turn it toward you, so that he is looking right at you!

After reading that question, I immediately went back to the days when my children did that to me. Often, well anytime, they didn't have my full attention and wanted something, they would do that exact thing. It made me smile just thinking of those days. You know your kids feel comfortable doing that. They need you and know how to get access to your face. They need the eye to eye connection so that they know that you are listening to them. I remember times like that when they would look me right in the eye, and I would think you are so cute and so sweet and I love you so much...name it...it's yours!

I haven't forgotten other times, that it was quite irritating to be rudely interrupted. It would be at those times, that God would remind me how precious and innocent these little lives were. And then, I would go back to...you are so cute and sweet and I love you so much...name it...it's yours!

I think that God wants that from us. He wants us to have the confidence to get on his lap and take his face in our hands and turn his head toward us and look him fully in the face. That is where we are filled with him and receive his full blessing.

You know there are days when we are dancing around all of our problems and acting as if it is up to us to solve our problems and our spouse's and our kids' and...the list goes on and on. There is always someone in need. God wants us to stop long enough to look up.

He is always there encouraging us. "Yeah, Tammy, I know what you're looking for! It can only be found in me. I have all the love, all the acceptance, all the wisdom, all the courage, all the strength, all the power you need! Stop and look at me!" Doesn't that sound like a loving father just looking out for you. "Stop and look at me! I have what you need."

I pray you find rest for your weary soul today...looking fully in His wonderful face!

No comments: