Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jump for Joy

I read a statement the other day that said: Jumping for Joy is Great Exercise! I loved that!

Yesterday, I experienced the worst headache of my life. On a scale of 1-10, my pain was a 20! It came on very quickly and I found myself in bed for several hours with a pillow under my head, and one over my head and knowing I needed a quick exit to the bathroom if necessary. The pain was very nauseating.

As I lay there in pain, I couldn't help but think of the pain that Jesus endured for me. It's beyond comprehension. This pain was just one part of my body. Though it seemed almost unbearable, I could still move the rest of my body, though I didn't want to.

I kept asking God what I needed to learn from the pain. Pain is a great teacher. It stops us in our tracks, literally. It takes precedence over every other thing in our lives. It gets our attention!

The Bible talks about the church as the Body of Christ. When one part suffers, the whole body suffers. I want to encourage you to get close to God. Ask him the hard questions. Am I doing what YOU want me to do? Am I going where YOU want me to go? Is my light shining for YOU or is it just making me look good?

I am so thankful that today, I am not suffering. My boys are happy that I am going to get to go on their field trip with them. I am in agreement today with my oldest son, "That the same One who made the body can heal the body!"

I am confident that he can heal His body too. If you confess Jesus as your Lord, you are a part of His body. Are you whole? He wants you to be. I want to jump for joy in Jesus' presence. I want to hear him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Will you jump for joy in His presence?

No comments: