Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Peace In His Presence

I have been resting in God's peace.  His presence surrounds me.  I want to hide here.  It is such a good place to be.

There is so much going on in our world.  Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be God.  He already knows what is going to happen, but does it hurt Him to see all of the pain in our world. 

This morning, I was reliving some of my own hurts.  It didn't feel good.  It was just subtle thoughts and subtle grief.  I recognized it and starting praying and asking the Lord to help me.  I am so weak. 

He showed me the cross.  I was humbled.  He said that I didn't have to carry my pain.  He already has.  I repented and asked him to forgive me for trying to carry it myself.  What a waste of my time and energy.  He paid for it, so I don't have to.  It must cause Him pain when I don't accept the price He paid for me.

It is so subtle.  It seems so real.  It seems so me.  But I am reminded of the enemy that wages war against my soul and wants to confuse my mind.  He wants to steal my peace.  He wants me to live in defeat.

Thank God for His intimacy.  The bible says he knows my every thought even while it is far from me, before I even think it.  So, today I lost the battle for a few moments.  But, I thank the Lord that He let me hear His voice calling me.

Come to Me all of you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.  You will find rest for you soul and peace for your heart.  Those who know Him know His voice.  He desires to walk with me and to talk with me and to remind me that I am His own. 

So, even tonight I am still here...here in His presence...and here...there is peace.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Beautiful, Tammy. Thanks for sharing that. It is always encouraging to me to know that I am not the only one who still struggles at times. But He tenderly leads us back to His truth and peace. And thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm trying to get back to blogging -- both writing and reading! :-)