Thursday, October 29, 2009

How Beautiful

How beautiful the radiant bride~

My daughter was married on Saturday.  It was beautiful.  She was beautiful.  She looked like Cinderella.  Her face was illuminated.  Her gown sparkled like diamonds as the late afternoon sun peeked through the windows.   She was amazing!

I am still speechless.  I have tried to express myself in gratitude to the Lord for His goodness and His faithfulness, but I just don't have the right words.  It went beyond anything we could ask or imagine.

The bride, the groom, the wedding party, the readers, the music, the church, the singers and the message were all perfect!  I felt the presence of the Lord expressing himself in the atmosphere.  You could feel the peace and the love and the wonder of it all.  And the weather was incredible!  Not a cloud in the sky, and the sun was shining. I know I sound like a proud Mother of the Bride or M.O.B. as my daughter affectionately called me. 

Okay, so I am.  I am proud to be the mother of the bride and now to be the mother of my 4th son, her husband.  I look forward with anticipation to their future together and their future family.  We will relive their Big Day for years to come in the many pictures and videos prepared for us. 

This morning, while spending time with the Lord, I imagined what the Wedding Supper of the Lamb will be.  We gave our daughter our best and we enjoyed every minute and would do it again in a heartbeat.  The Lord has a feast in mind for us.  He is making the preparations now.  He is giving his best.  He is waiting patiently for His bride to ready herself.

As the trumpet played or the organist version, I should say, the doors of the sanctuary opened.  There was the bride, my daughter in all her radiance; she was ready to be presented to her bridegroom.  I was awestruck.  The bridegroom stood still with a big smile on his face and his eyes were full of love and fixed on her.  He was ready to receive his bride.

So it is with us.  Jesus is waiting for the bride to ready herself.  He is smiling and He is waiting and He is watching.  Are you ready?  The trumpet will blast and He will appear.  No words can describe it.  His full presence will be known.  How blessed we will be when he looks at us, His bride, and says to you and to me:  How Beautiful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so incredibly put, Tammy! I just love you and your heart for Jesus! You are so beautiful, too!
Rachel

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle said...

Thank you for sharing this, Tammy! Your love for the Lord is so beautiful and encouraging to others. Thank you for sharing your love notes from God. I also loved reading your Feb. post "Daughter of the King." Bless you!