Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He Speaks ~ I Listen

The Lord has been speaking to me through His word. I can't say it enough how I am always in awe of His intimacy. His timing is so timely! Sometimes, I am speechless and just sit in His presence and let His word soak into my spirit.

Let the beloved of the LORD
rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long.
and the one the LORD loves
rests between his shoulders. Deut. 33:12

How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men find
refuge in the shadow of Your wings. Ps. 36:7

Set your minds on things above,
not on earthly things.
For you died, and your life is now
hidden with Christ in God. Col. 3:3

I heard a story about Mother Theresa that I love. She was being interviewed by Larry King. He asked her if she prayed. She said "Yes". He said "What do you say?" She answered..."I listen". Then he asked her if God spoke to her. She said "Yes". He then asked, "And what does he say?" She said, "I listen."

I love the intimacy that she portrayed in her relationship with the Lord. When God speaks, He speaks His word. He speaks His character. He speaks the secrets of His heart.

Several months ago, while reading my Bible, I felt God speak to me:
The Lord confides in those who fear him,
he makes his covenant known to him. Ps. 25:16

It was a God moment. It stopped me in my tracks. I pondered it for several days. The Lord confides in those who fear him??? The Lord is looking for confidantes. Can he trust you with his secrets?

He makes his covenant known to them. He wants to grow us into a deeper walk, deeper truths and a deeper revelation of Himself. He loves us so much.

I pray that He will find me faithful.

No comments: