Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Fight Is Fixed

I have recently started a new work-out routine. It is exhausting and it is exhilarating. At times, I feel like I could collapse and at times, I feel like I could jump over mountains.

That sounds like our journey of faith, doesn't it? Just like a good work-out routine, our faith needs to be worked out. When we are in the valley, we need to persevere. When we are on the mountaintop, we need to take it all in. We need to enjoy the victory! Because we know that we are eventually going down...into the valley...again...to learn more about this walk of faith.

While working out, I love to listen to praise music. It is so energizing! I highly recommend it! This morning, I had to pray..."HELP me, Jesus!" And he did! My legs were burning and I didn't feel I had another ounce of strength. But, as soon as I prayed, a burst of energy raced through my body and I kept going...to the finish! Yeah, me! I feel good!!!

Are you on the mountaintop? Praise God...it feels so good, doesn't it?! Use this time, to encourage others and don't stop praising God!

Or are you in the midst of a discouraging battle? Have you felt like lying down and surrendering? You have no energy and you know you can't go on another minute. I encourage you to pray...if all you have is the energy to utter the name of "Jesus", you will find he will be there.

I was encouraged while listening to my music, when the worship leader made the comment, "The Fight Is Fixed!" Look at the back of the book...we WIN! Think about that. You may feel you have lost a few battles in life. I know I have. But that doesn't make us losers. The Bible says in the final round, we WIN! We will be victorious...if we don't lose heart and give up! It will be worth it in eternity!

If you are a Christian, you are in a fight. The battle is for your soul. Your opponent, the devil, would like you to be discouraged and to surrender. He knows the end of the book has been written. He loses! We win! Don't give up...don't give in...every morning is a new day and the Lord has everything you need!

Be encouraged! One of my favorite verses, that energizes me each time I read it, goes like this:

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail,
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him".

The Lord is good tho those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him
Lamentations 3:21-26

The Fight Is Fixed! And at the final bell...we WIN!


No comments: