Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Jealous God

The Lord continues to bless me with his glory written in the sky! He is so amazing!

While driving a few days ago, I was feeling a little blue. I was praying (praising) through that all morning. I glanced up into the scattered cloudy day, and saw a huge fluffy heart cloud. I was so thankful.

But in a matter of seconds, I saw another shape. It was clouds forming a heart shape, but it was like a cut-out. The brilliant blue sky shone through the middle. It kept getting larger and larger. It was as if God was saying, "Watch this!" At the same time, the radio was playing a song. The lyrics were, "I don't want you to ever doubt how much I love you!" And it was if God was saying "Do you hear me?" I was brought to tears! I am so undeserving of all of this affection. But that's the God we serve. He loves us even though we are so undeserving.

I felt a deep impression in my heart and was reminded that my God is a jealous God. He doesn't want anything or anyone else to have first place in my heart. Only He knows us perfectly and knows exactly what we need. Why would we go anywhere else?

I pray that you will stop now and look up and praise the One who is so deserving of our love and adoration. He inhabits the praise of His people and he is enthralled with the beauty of His bride!

No comments: