Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Do You See What I See?

I was so blessed by a story my little boy told me after getting off the bus yesterday. He has an eye for the imagination and God's creative hand. He has been looking UP!

About a month ago, he told me that while on the playground he saw a heart-shaped cloud. The first one he has spotted on his own. He couldn't wait to tell me about it. I was so excited. I told him that was awesome. And then I asked him if he told Jesus he loved him when he saw the "love note". He so sweetly said, "Yes, I did." I could feel the joy in Jesus heart. I was so blessed that God was reaching down to my son and that my son was reaching back to Jesus.

As parents, we think we have to carry such a heavy load for our children. For some reason we think that we hold their very lives in our hands. Here's a newsflash for you: We DON'T! God has not given us that responsibility. He is their Father, He is their Savior and their Redeemer. And guess what...He knows them perfectly. He knows how to speak to them and to reach areas of their hearts that we don't see and even if we did, we would never understand. He is their GOD!

A few weeks ago, he came running into the kitchen for me to come and see something! He was so excited and so adamant. I was trying to get lunches ready and he was insistent. A bit irritated at my interruption, I followed him to his room. Out his second story window was an enormous upside down heart-shaped cloud. In the center of it was another much smaller heart right side up. He was in awe and again I was too. What a way to start the day! I was so concerned with what I HAD to do, I almost missed it.

Yesterday, he came home with another fascinating sighting. While on the bus, he saw a cloud. He described in detail how it looked as if the cloud was an angel. The angel was laying down on its back with both of its wings spread out. It even had a halo. He said it was directly above someone's house on his bus route. I was so amazed and asked if he knew whose house it was. He didn't know. His little face just glowed and my heart did too.

I am so thankful for the way that God is speaking to my son. He is a personal God and he knows that he will be glorified in his little heart. And it is helping me to let go and to trust Him!

Do you see what I see??? Oh how he loves you and me!!!

No comments: