Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get Up!

Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame. Ps. 34:5

This morning in my devotion I had to answer the question, "When you sin, how quickly do you go to God?" I had to admit, I am slow to go to God for forgiveness. I am ashamed for disappointing the Lord and somehow try to "pay" for my own sins for "awhile". I don't want to take his forgiveness flippantly.

As I've grown in my love for him, I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to disappoint him. As he has revealed to me the pain of the cross, the cost of the cross and the ultimate betrayal of the Father, I am grieved over my sin. I am sorry for putting him there.

The more I learn, the more I have to learn. God is so big! I know that I am a sinner. I know that I will sin. But, I'm asking today for the conviction of the Holy Spirit to keep me in a place that my face is never covered with shame. And that when not if I do sin, I quickly go to God for forgiveness.

I pray that my life would be radiant with joy because of His life in me. I can't do this on my own. It requires something of me. I have to be willing to lay down my own desires, my own wants and my own agenda to seek him, to read his word, to spend time in prayer. To some that may sound like a burden. Somedays, it seems easier to skip it...who has time?

I have found that the reward is so great! The peace is priceless. And knowing that the God of the universe, the One who calls every star by its name and has numbered every hair on your head, is working in your life and on behalf of you is amazing!

The other day I was reading the story of Jesus healing a daughter who had died. The girl was only 12 years old and her parents were devastated. They sent for Jesus. When he arrived he said that she wasn't dead. And the crowd "laughed at him". Can you imagaine? He could have slain each one of them at that moment, but he didn't. Jesus entered her house and took her by the hand and said "Get up!" and the little girl got up. Then he told her mother to feed her.

I think that is a word for you today.
Do you feel your life is radiant with his joy? Praise God!
Or are you feeling lifeless and your days seem to have little meaning? Then, today is YOUR day!

The Lord would say to you today "GET UP!" and start "LIVING!" And feed yourself. Your spirit is malnourished. Invite him into your house and seek him. Run, don't walk and ask him to forgive you. Tell him what you need and praise him for speaking into your life. Read his word. Start in Psalm 45 if you want. You will not be disapppointed. He is the LIFE! And He is faithful to forgive us!

Those who look to him are radiant,
their faces are never covered with shame. Ps. 34:5

No comments: