Monday, March 16, 2009

Searching for Words

This morning during my devotion I meditated on God's greatness. I didn't have words to describe the incredible feelings of my small-ness and the incredible feelings of his big-ness! For those of you who are concerned with grammatical correctness, I do know that these are not really words. Therein lies my problem. I don't have the right words. I just know how I feel.

When I consider the heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him? Ps. 8:4

I went outside on my deck to tie out the dog, and there was a huge fluffy sideways heart-shaped cloud. Wow! So, instead of rushing inside I felt the prompting to just sit down. I stared at the cloud and just started telling the Lord again how awesome He is. I looked out another direction and there was another smaller, more perfect shaped heart cloud. This one brought me to tears. And now I have counted at least four more.

What a God we serve! He has made us and we are not our own. And He finds time to show us His great love by the work of His fingers.

What is your life? You are a mist that appears for alittle while and then vanishes. James 4:14

Like the clouds, we are just a mist. The clouds dissipate so quickly and James tells us that is what our life consists of. Just a mere mist. And I had to ask God, why He would take the time to create just for me.

The reply came..." because I want to...I love you!!!"

Oh, how he loves you and me! I just don't have enough words...

No comments: