Tuesday, March 17, 2009

She Said "Yes!"

My daughter...she said "Yes!"

I am overwhelmed with emotion. My little girl...my sweet, beautiful little girl. My angel and the sunshine of my life. Did I mention she's beautiful??? She is now a woman. And she is getting married. It is slowly sinking in. She has been watching for a husband. She has not been in a hurry...she has waited. God has picked the right one for her. I laugh and cry all at the same time!

Her time has come. She will be united with him in a few months. She will take his name, she will make her home with him. She will belong to him and they will be one. She is glowing. He is too. So much to get ready, so many decisions to make. Of course, I want her to have her dream wedding. But more than that, I want her to be loved. He loves her. He has promised to keep her and never let her go.

I can't help but thinking of Jesus. He has picked his bride. It is me...it is you! Have you said "Yes!"? He has purchased us for his own. His timing is perfect! We will one day make our home with him. In the meantime, we wait...he waits. He is making all the preparations for the wedding feast. He wants it to be perfect! Oh, How He Loves You and Me...How PERFECT!

No comments: