Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Anyone Got a Light?

This month has found us in a state of transition. Moving our business into our home has meant cleaning, discarding, moving and redesigning. It is met with anticipation that is both bitter and sweet.

Two and half years ago, we were excited about a new venture. Loving flowers, it seemed a natural fit to go into the florist business. It's amazing how much we have learned. It's wonderful to have so many people cross our path. And it's a blessing to see how God has used us to touch others' lives in joy and in sorrow.

The future always brings with it questions amid the shadows. We begin to question ourselves...could we have...ifs, maybes and what does the future hold all begin to cloud our thinking. We didn't know this is how it would play out. We didn't know the economy would take such a drastic turn. We didn't know...

Anyone got a light?

As I have spent time pondering and wondering about our future, God has continued to remind me of His faithfulness. He promises to lead us. He promises to bless us. And he has and he does.
But, sometimes, don't you wish you had a little more light. Just a little glimpse, Lord. What does tomorrow look like...next month...next year?

Anyone got a light?

Then I read more. I'm reminded that he will give us enough light for the step we're on. His word is a lamp for our feet and a light for our path. I read again. He brings comfort. Our lives are seasons...time passes. There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. This is the time to uproot...the time to tear down. As I look around our shop, I see life. Colors, beautiful flowers...God's creation. I never want to take it for granted. And I am blessed.

He speaks...I listen. How I want to be still and hear his whisper. He's the light...and he steps into the shadows with us...ahead of us...and behind us...he's got us covered. For we walk by faith and not by sight.

Are you in a dark spot...need a light? Jesus is the light...his word is a lamp. No matter your situation, you can find him...he's in the word. Check him out - He's waiting to reveal himself to you. Be blessed!

No comments: