Friday, January 16, 2009

Walking With God ~ Everyday

The Holy Spirit continues to minister to me about my walk.

Last night, I came across some sermon notes that I had taken in 2004. It read - Enoch walked with God everyday and God was pleased. I have continued to ponder those thoughts throughout the day. Yesterday, I was asking if I'm doing enough. Today, I was asking what was so special about Enoch?

So, I turned to Genesis 5:22,-24 where it is recorded - Enoch walked with God. Enoch lived 365 years; then he was no more, because God took him away. Enoch is mentioned again in Hebrews 5:5 where it says that Enoch was taken from life, so that he did not experience death. He was not to be found, because God had taken him away. WOW! Enoch did not experience death! Mmm... there's got to be more, right? Enoch walked with God everyday and God was pleased.

The verse continues and tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God. When we come to him we must believe that he exists. AND that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

I want to be like Enoch and please God by walking with him. It sounds easy, doesn't it? I believe the key is a heart that is earnestly seeking him - everyday. And so, I ask for the grace to do that.

More of him...less of me~ I think that's what he wants too.

No comments: