Saturday, January 17, 2009

Never Alone

I awoke with the song "Never Alone" in my spirit. I began to think about a time a few years ago when I felt very alone. Something in my life had happened that was devastating. I felt emotionally numb.
I love nature and love being outdoors. I decided to take a walk with my dog and with my God. I had some questions. I needed some answers. I kept telling the Lord that I felt so deceived. I didn't understand why this was happening in my life. I began crying and felt a dark cloud descend on me . I felt so alone. Even though it was a very beautiful Fall day, it felt very real and very dark. I started praying fervently. I refused to believe the lie that "I was all alone."
I have learned that we do not have to entertain every thought we have. We don't have to feel every emotion that comes to us either. We have the power to control what we are thinking. I was crying out to God to lift the dark cloud and the feeling of despair. I just kept calling his name...Jesus.
I was still crying when I came around a corner and lifted my head. I looked up in the sky and saw the most brilliant rainbow. It was big and it was bright. And then I heard the words - "I love you! You are never alone!" He spoke with authority. I knew the voice. It was Jesus. The dark cloud had already lifted. The problem had not resolved itself, but he was with me. His strength was made perfect in my weakness. I felt so loved.
I was amazed by the rainbow and wished that I had my camera with me. I love to take photos and this was incredible. I asked the Lord to place that scene in my heart so that I would never forget it. To my surprise, the next morning, the local paper had the photo of the rainbow on the front page. I was so amazed. I cut the photo out and wrote the words he had spoken to me. "I love you! You are never alone!" I placed it on my photo board near my computer so that I am always reminded of his promise to me.
He says that his sheep know his voice. Do you hear it? He's calling you now. He loves you! You are never alone!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Tammy, as I read these blogs I can't help but feel sooo blessed to have you as a friend-it is through you that I learn the most about our awesome God-I get chills when I hear/read you tell about your experiences and every time I feel myself draw closer to God and I feel Him speaking to me through you-you are an amazing person and I'm excited to be reading about your everyday blessings!

God Bless You!
Love,
Terri