Wednesday, January 14, 2009

White As Snow

I'm watching the snow falling today and covering everything in a blanket of white. It reminds me of God's promise to wash our sins as white as snow.
I'm learning to forgive. I'm learning to love. I thought I understood what that meant. But, God is using my current situation to go deeper. The rich secret of the cross is being revealed in my spirit. The cross is Christianity's best kept secret. It shouldn't be. Jesus' blood on the cross paves the way for the power to forgive, the power to love and the power to walk in a new light.
God showed me recently that we live so far below what He has for us. He has so much more! He desires for us to go deeper. A lot of times, that requires trials. It requires surrender.
Why do we have to go through so much pain? Why can't we get it right the first time? Why doesn't God give up on us? It's because of the cross. The cross cost Him everything so that we could gain everything that is His. That is what He has destined for us.
He wants to build the character of His Son into our lives, so that we can know Him. That is His main priority in this life - to know Him. Everything else is secondary. To know Him is to know life. Life requires death. The Father required the death of His Son FOR us! Amazing!!!

No comments: